Starlink is a satellite-based internet service that provides high-speed internet service worldwide, especially in rural and remote areas. It uses advanced technology through a network of small satellites orbiting the Earth at reasonably low altitudes to provide internet service to low-connected or previously under-served regions.
So, the Starlink cable plays a vital part, as it connects each small satellite with the grounded infrastructure that provides the internet connection to its end users.
Most importantly, the cable maintains a stable connection between the satellites and the ground structure to ensure high-speed internet access from anywhere, even the remotest places. Now, how can this Starlink cable be obtained?
Currently, the Starlink cable is unavailable for ordinary people to buy directly. As a proprietary part of the Starlink system, the cable is only available to the authorized installers and partners of the Company. It could be bought via these installers only at the moment. So, one interested in getting the Starlink internet services first needs to sign up for the Starlink service and install it by an installer authorized by the Company.
During installation, the technician will bring all the needed equipment, including the Starlink cable. The Starlink router and dish will be connected to the user’s home network for a high-speed, stable internet connection.
Starlink is a groundbreaking development from SpaceX company that is revolutionary to communication. The satellite service has a vision to provide high-speed internet connectivity to all places globally. Even the remote areas that had been without access to traditional cable and fiber optic connections for so long. The Starlink cable has some very distinguishing features to it, which pave the way for its popularity.
1. Physical traits
Roughly 5 mm thick, and 8 cm wide, the Starlink cable is thin, flat, and ribbon-like. The conductor is made of premium, low-loss copper-clad steel, with a unique polymer coating that protects the cable against all kinds of weather conditions – extreme temperatures, strong winds, and heavy rain. It also has a UV-resistant coating to safeguard it from the harsh ultraviolet rays of the Sun.
The longest wire one can use is 100 feet long, which is more than enough for most residential and commercial setups. It must be kept in mind to use these cables only with Starlink satellite terminals and not any other internet service providers, as it would not be compatible.
With its unique features, Starlink cable stands apart from any other internet cable. The cable aids in the transmission of power and data as well as self-connects with the Starlink terminals.
Due to its unique polymer coating on a low-loss conductor that minimizes signal distortion, the cable can transmit data much faster than most conventional internet connections, which is up to 1 Gbps of data.
The Starlink cable comes in different sizes, so the user can purchase any size as per their requirement. It generally ranges from 50 to 75 feet, but 100 feet is the most common length as the cable can be cut easily to the required size, during installation.
4. Internal factors
Each cable is built to carry high-quality data with a low distortion signal within its internal components. Some of those internal factors which enhance the satellite internet service are:
- Conductors: This cable is constructed with thin, flat wire made of low-loss material, allowing the signal to propagate virtually without loss and distortion. This pattern on these conductors is designed to enhance the performance of Starlink Satellite Internet Service.
- Special polymer coating: The cable features a specialized weather-resistant polymer covering that defends against wind, precipitation, relative humidity, heat, and UV radiation. The coating ensures the long-term continuity of the cable, especially in surroundings that are easily susceptible to damage.
- Optical fiber: To maximize the cable’s performance, the visual fiber transfers data over distant places with a minor signal distortion, making it perfect for such use.
- Connectors: It comprises premium materials, guaranteeing a secure and dependable connection between the cable, the Starlink dish, and routers. These connectors are used in the Starlink cable to improve its performance.
- Shield for protection: Starlink provides satisfactory electromagnetic shielding to the cable, protecting it from external damage. For this, conductive and metallic foil layers are wrapped around the conductors. It is integral to ensure the cable can transmit data without hindrance despite high electromagnetic interference.
A cable coupler and a Starlink cable can be spliced together, but it’s important to keep in mind that doing so could affect the performance and dependability of the connection. Starlink cables are frequently constructed in accordance with exact specifications in order to minimize signal loss and interference. The following is a general guideline for splicing and using a coupler:
Cutting and preparing the cable
Use a clean, sharp cable cutter to make a precise cut on both ends of the Starlink cable you wish to splice. Verify that the exposed cables are undamaged and tidy.
During splicing, the cable’s inner conductors, which are normally copper, are linked, and the connection is insulated to avoid signal interference. It is possible to use a coaxial cable splice kit, which typically comes with insulating supplies and connections. Follow the splice kit’s instructions exactly to make a connection that is reliable and secure.
A cable coupler is used to join two Starlink cables. Select a coaxial cable coupler of the highest caliber. Each cable should have one end attached to the coupler, with the connection being tightened.
To verify sure the signal is still strong and reliable after splicing or utilizing the coupler, test the cable. Connect the connection to your Starlink device to check for signal loss or interference.
Take care and make sure the cable is correctly insulated to prevent signal deterioration or interference, keeping in mind that changing the cable could void any warranties provided by Starlink. Consider consulting with a knowledgeable expert or contacting Starlink support if you’re doubtful of your abilities to execute this task on your own.
For any unforeseen reasons, there may be a need to replace the Starlink cable due to some mechanical damage. There is a way to be followed if you want to order only the Starlink cable instead of the whole kit.
- Go to the Starlink website from the SpaceX page and select “Order.”
- After that, scroll down, go to the “cables” section, and select the type of cable you need.
- Choose the cable length per your device and requirement from the given options.
- Select “add to cart” on that cable. Then click on “proceed to checkout.”
- Fill in your name, address, and contact details for shipping and billing.
- Check the order summary to see if everything is correct – the product and address details.
- Enter the payment details and confirm your purchase to complete the order.
While placing this order specifically for the Starlink cable, it is essential to ensure that the other components of the kit, the Starlink dish and router, are in good condition to be connected. Or else you would have to order them too. Also, be aware of the cable length ordered, as it should duly fit the device and not fall short. Ordering a slightly longer cable size for safety is recommended, as it can be cut as required.
The Starlink system, aiming to give a high-speed internet connection to all parts of the World, has revolutionized the internet service of providers. So, the Starlink cable has some stark characteristics that make it different from other types of cables.
- Design: Traditional coaxial cables are round with a small periphery, whereas the Starlink cables are flat and shaped like a ribbon, which is 5 mm thick and 8 cm wide. It makes the Starlink cables more flexible and easier to install, especially in hard-to-reach locations. These wires may easily be hidden and do not appear cumbersome because they are also quite thin.
- Data transmission capabilities: The Starlink internet satellite employs a network of numerous small satellites to deliver high-speed Internet, even in remote locations, with the aid of the cable linked. In comparison to standard cable connections, this cable has an uninterrupted data transfer rate of up to 1 Gbps.
- Durability: The Starlink cable is specially made to withstand extreme weather conditions. Due to the special polymer material covering, which protects it from outside elements and the sun’s UV rays, this function is made feasible. These cables are perfect for all kinds of scenarios requiring longer-term use, especially in isolated locations where they may be more vulnerable to damage.
Consider important factors before to purchasing the Starlink internet satellite service, including the cable’s length, kind of connector, longevity, and compatibility with your device. To guarantee the Starlink cable’s validity, quality, and warranty duration, you must get it from a reputable supplier.
You can make a decision when buying a Starlink cable using these considerations. The Starlink cable will be your go-to option for the greatest internet connection no matter what you need a high-speed, reliable data connection for, whether it’s for online streaming, gaming, or any professional activity.
It would be the perfect option for a fast internet connection. Think about the previously mentioned points, whether it’s for your home or office, you will surely enjoy the benefits the Starlink internet service claims to provide.